Sunday School Orchestra

The Sunday School Orchestra was organized in the late 1920’s. They not only led the singing for the opening and closing of the Sunday School weekly services, but also played at church social activities and presented programs at local community activities and family reunions. The Orchestra was later re-started in the 1950’s and 1960’s by LeRoy “Pop Klinger” who was the leader and also a professional saxophone player. The orchestra consisted mostly of young people who were part of their public school’s band. The orchestra continued the tradition of playing for the Sunday School services and social activities. As part of the 100th Anniversary celebration of the church, the orchestra was again re-started and continues today to play at church and community activities and services. Today its’ members are mostly adults with an interest in music.